Friday, July 3, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies



Joy the Baker has become one of my favourite blogs to visit. Not only does she concoct unique and yummy looking recipes, she's a discreetly talented & funny writer. Just yesterday, I came across this flourless peanut butter cookie recipe on her blog and was itching to try them out. I also had a jar of peanut butter that I had since last December and this was about to expire. So, it was the perfect recipe.

Here it is:
1 C all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1C sugar (1/2 brown sugar, 1/2 granulate sugar) - I used 1/3 of each, ending up with 2/3 of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, mix for about 2 min. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 min. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a criss-cross pattern with a fork. Remember to leave room between the cookie drops because they spread. As you can see in the picture, I forgot to do that!

If you'd like, add a few chocolate pieces to the top of the cookies. (I added the wrong kind of chocolate and they didn't melt!!! - as you can see in the picture. :P) Bake for 10 minutes until lightly browned (My oven took 15 minutes). When they're right out of the oven, they will look bloated and will feel too soft. It will calm down and harden as it cools. Cool on baking sheet before enjoying them.

The cookies would do better with the name biscuits. They were cripy, airy, and very, very light. I personally prefer dense, chewier cookies but I'm sure these will grow on me. I still gobbled down two cookies. :D

(21 July) I now realise that the choclates need to be smeared with a spoon or a knife after it's been baked. ah..........

No comments:

Post a Comment