Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Cookies




So, out of no where, this recipe sprung up on the blog, Wee Treats by Tammy.  It had no rising agent and no milk.  But by the power of her delicious photography, I was persuaded and decided to quench my thirst for some choc chip cookies and baked these.  They were interesting.  The dough was crumby.  Don't know if it was supposed to be but it was.  So, I had to really mold the crumbs into the shape of a cookie.  I think next time I might add a bit more liquidy agent like milk or egg, and yes I pledge to a next time for these cookies.  

I added toasted walnuts instead of hazelnuts.  I chopped them up and just toasted them on a frying pan on medium heat (with no oil or anything) until the aroma of roasted walnut filled up the kitchen.  Yes, I went by my sense of smell to decide whether they were done roasting.  I probably roasted them for about 3-4 minutes or a little bit more.  I really think that walnuts were an ingenious choice for these cookies. 

The vanilla was very pronounced but these cookies really were D-licious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment