Wednesday, January 20, 2016

One-Pot Paprika Chicken Thighs




Here's a delish chicken recipe from the Reluctant Entertainer.  Definitely a recipe I'll go back to.  It's easy, full of veggies, and uses boneless & skinless chicken thighs.  I love easy deliciousness.  Minimalist effort with maximum success.  Everybody's happy.  

Ingredient Variants:
  • Since I was not cooking for eight people like the recipe was, I used 1.8lb of chicken instead of 3lb.  So I had to do some loose math to get the right ratio for the other ingredients.
  • I used a little less than 1/4 of white wine and a little over 3/4 of chicken broth.
  • If you want a bit more sauce (which I do) I would put a little more broth than what the recipe calls for.  I ate this with rice and didn't feel like I had enough sauce for the rice.
  • For the seasoning, as well as paprika (didn't use smoked), I added a bit of cumin and chili powder..probably about a teaspoon each.  I will definitely do this again for this recipe.    
  • I used white button mushrooms.  They were perfect!  
  • I did not want to spend $3 on fresh thyme leaves so I used dried thyme leaves and they were still fabulous.  
Process:
  • This may be common sense but have the olive oil handy when cooking the vegetables. 
  • I've never 'whisked' flour in wine before but now that I have, my advice is to whisk it right before dumping it in the pan to avoid clumping of the flour.  I prepped the flour and wine before I needed it and the flour sinks to the bottom.
  • I think over-cooking it might dry out the chicken so I'd watch the clock.  




No comments:

Post a Comment