Here's a delish chicken recipe from the Reluctant Entertainer. Definitely a recipe I'll go back to. It's easy, full of veggies, and uses boneless & skinless chicken thighs. I love easy deliciousness. Minimalist effort with maximum success. Everybody's happy.
- Since I was not cooking for eight people like the recipe was, I used 1.8lb of chicken instead of 3lb. So I had to do some loose math to get the right ratio for the other ingredients.
- I used a little less than 1/4 of white wine and a little over 3/4 of chicken broth.
- If you want a bit more sauce (which I do) I would put a little more broth than what the recipe calls for. I ate this with rice and didn't feel like I had enough sauce for the rice.
- For the seasoning, as well as paprika (didn't use smoked), I added a bit of cumin and chili powder..probably about a teaspoon each. I will definitely do this again for this recipe.
- I used white button mushrooms. They were perfect!
- I did not want to spend $3 on fresh thyme leaves so I used dried thyme leaves and they were still fabulous.
- This may be common sense but have the olive oil handy when cooking the vegetables.
- I've never 'whisked' flour in wine before but now that I have, my advice is to whisk it right before dumping it in the pan to avoid clumping of the flour. I prepped the flour and wine before I needed it and the flour sinks to the bottom.
- I think over-cooking it might dry out the chicken so I'd watch the clock.