Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cream Cheese Pecan Banana Bread with Streusel

Unfortunately, I did not take any pix of my finished product so this photo was borrowed from the blog:  'Sugar & Spice' where I got my streusel topping recipe.  


This banana bread was made with a mission in mind.  A mission to butter up my boss and my co-worker for some favor.  Seriously.  The best way to a person's heart is food, don't ya think?  Food made with lotsa love and lotsa sugar.  :P

Anyhoo, I pinned a few banana bread recipes but could not land on one recipe so I did what I could and combined two.  I used cream cheese banana bread recipe from here and used the streusel topping recipe from this blog.  I've baked a few banana breads in my life but have never used cream cheese to bake one so I wanted to try this recipe and wanted to know how it would do.  Also, one of my absolute favorite pound cake is the cream cheese pound cake.  The recipe yields two banana breads.  You can probably bundt cake it, too.  ;)  The streusel recipe is only for one banana bread so double it if you're making two pans.

The Bread:
  • I reduced the sugar from 2 cups to 1.5 cups and it was still very sweet so I would definitely stick with the lower sugar content.
  • I baked the bread for an hour but I think I'll take it out after 50 min next time.  
  • Toasting the pecans before baking it is crucial in my opinion.  It makes a huge difference in the flavor of the pecans. 
  • Would I bake this again?  Yes!  
  • Did it work in buttering up the boss and the co-worker.  I think the cake did its job.  :P
Streusel Topping:
  • This was the bomb streusel topping.  It made the cake that much more special and everyone who tried the bread asked me about it.  Use it! is my advice.  
  • Do not toast the pecans for the topping since it is on top of the bread, it will toast itself in the oven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment