So, here it is from me. to you.
The Best Ever Banana Cake
adapted from My Baking Addiction who adapted it from Recipezaar
- 1 1/2 C bananas, mashed, ripe
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 C flour (I used all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 C butter, softened, room temp
- 2 1/8 C sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk, room temp
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 C confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 deg F (150 deg C). Greese and flour a 9X13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice. set aside
- In a medium bow, mix flour, baking soda and slat. set aside
- In a large bowl, cream 3/4 C butter and 2 1/8 C sugar until light and fluffy (this'll look like crumbs). Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Stir in banana mixture
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place directly into the freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very moist. (And folks, this works!!!!)
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 tsp vanilla. Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake.