Friday, June 17, 2016

Thai Basil Chicken









So, our cute little basil plant was producing more and more basil leaves and I had to cook up a recipe with it so the little guy's hard labor does not go to waste.  Basil in a chicken dish is something I have not done before but I thought why not.  I love chicken, Thai food, basil-y flavor, and spice.  This dish has a lot of spicy kick to it and it even made my nose runny from all the spicy-ness.  So, a little Kleenex at hand wouldn't hurt while enjoying this dish.  This was so friggin delicious.  The basil-y after taste of the chicken was such a subtle delight.  I would not add more basil than recommended as you don't want it to overpower the chicken.

This is a quick and easy dish that can be cooked up in thirty minutes or less.  :)  Yay for quick recipes!

The Recipe:
Thai Basil Chicken by Immaculate Bites

Changes I Made:
  • I did not have crushed red pepper so I used chili powder instead which worked fine. 
  • Before cooking the chicken I marinated it with a teaspoon of minced garlic and a few pinches of salt.  I marinated it in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes.
  • I added a little bit of green bell pepper because I just had some left over and it was a great addition  to the recipe.  I cooked it in with the onions. 
  • I didn't have the traditional fish sauce so I used the Korean anchovy sauce, which was fishy enough.  It was awesome. 
  • I used white sugar instead of brown.
  • I used 2 extra Tbsp of soy sauce and sriracha sauce.  (1 tsp was absolutely not enough!)
Recommendation:
Definitely eat it with rice.  It's Thai! 

No comments:

Post a Comment