Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies

A hundred and twenty-seventh. This feels like my hundred and twenty-seventh chocolate chip cookie recipe that I've collected in the last month. I believe that I'm the last blogger to bake this recipe? That's okay. Cuz, if we reverse orders, it's like I'm first. I'm the first last person. :-P

The first time I saw this on Martha Stewart's site, I drooooooled and had to sit on my hands so that I won't run off and bake these. Finally, last night, I got to bake these gorgeous cookies. Aren't they gorgeous? :)


Want a bite? Go on. Take it! I won't tell. Shhhh :)

Yyyyyup! Whittaker's it is. Whittaker's.

LOVE the sight of chopped up chockies.
So beautiful.

Have you met my hand mixer, yet?
This is my bestest friend in the kitchen.
I plan on buying a stand-mixer in the future
but this one will always remain to be my very first mixer.
'Firsts' are some serious stuff.
First word
First love
First hand mixer... :) hee hee

These cookies are very honest. Half of the flour used in this recipe is bread flour and like a good ol' honest cookie, the bread flour is very evident when you take a bite. The bites were quite a mouthful. Thsee cookies aren't famously "crispy on the outside and chewy, gooey on the inside." But it's got its own charm, I'd say. If I were to personify them...I'd use the word...manly..?

They were gone in approximately two minutes. I only got to have two cookies. But I'm very happy with that. :) I find the best part about baking is watching others enjoy the goodies.

Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookies
*I halved this recipe.

  • 1 lb unsalted butter
  • 1 3/4 C granulated sugar
  • 2 1/4 C packed light-brown sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 3 C plus 2 tablespoons pastry flour
  • 3 C bread flour
  • 1 Tbs salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 Tbs pure vanilla extract
  • 2 lb Jacques Torres House chocolate or other best-quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (60% cocoa)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats. Set aside.
  2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add both flours, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and chocolate; mix until wel combined.
  3. Using a 4 oz scoop for larger cookies or a 1 oz scoop for smaller cookies, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, about 2 in apart. Bake until lightly browned, but still soft, about 20 min for larger cookies and about 15 min for smaller cookies. Cool slightly on baking sheets before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
P.S. - I just found another choc chip cookie recipe. Dang it. Gotta sit on my hands again.

No comments:

Post a Comment