Thursday, February 4, 2016

Potato Salad


 



Potato Salad by Smitten Kitchen
Potato salad is probably a popular go-to dish for a pot luck dinner party.  It's hard to mess up and most people like it.  If I'm opting to bring a side salad, potato salad allows for lowering the risk of having two leafy salads as there's always someone who tries to sneak in the 'healthy' to a pot luck.

I have another potato salad recipe that I really love but I opted for this one today.  Smitten Kitchen is my cooking fairy blog mother and I didn't want to pass up a great excuse to try out one of her recipes.

Recipe Variants:
  • I used 4lb of potatoes instead of 3lb like the recipe
  • BUT I did not increase the dressing at all and it still worked great!
  • I added a tablespoon of sugar to the dressing
  • I completely eliminated dills cuz...I didn't have any but would love to try it out next time
  • I used four eggs instead of three to match the potatoes.  I would not have minded adding a bit more actually
  • I did added ground pepper at the end - this is a must.  
Reminders & Tips:
  • Red onions have a pretty strong flavor so you can soak them in ice water for about 15 minutes to tame the strong flavor a bit.  
  • Putting the salad together is pretty easy & quick.  Just remember to budget in the time for the boiled potatoes to cool to your cooking time, especially if you're making this on a tight schedule.




No comments:

Post a Comment